Welcome One and All

Welcome to our Blog! This is going to be so much fun! This blog is not limited to just one type of craft. While our favorite is scrapbooking (layouts and cards), we venture into altering items, painting, decopage art, and much much more. We're always up for trying something new and for making our mark on the world. Hope you enjoy our projects and are able to draw lots of inspiration and make your own mark!

Friday, March 25, 2011

What I've been doing this week...

Just some various pages I've been working on this week. I have a wall of framed scrapbook pages that I rotate out periodically. I do believe some of these will be featured on "The Wall" very soon.

~Kori

I have recently begone an obsession with using twine instead of ribbon on my pages. Especially boy pages. I just love the roughened look of it.


This is one of my new favorite pages. It just perfectly captures my niece Janieka. Its rough and ragged around the edges, full of fun and life, and yet still adds a touch of blossoming elegance and grace.

This page was a challenge. I love pages that already have all the decorations and designs to them, but I rarely end up using them. I don't know what to do with it. I don't want to cover up all the fun designs, but I also don't want it to be too plain and unembellished. I stuck a happy medium with this one. I stitched the existing design to add a bit of dimension, then just glittered the flowers. Just those little touches make it really pop. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

There's not much to say about this one. Is simplistic beauty. I did fray the bottom edge of the ribbon to add a bit of edge to it. But from the colors to the papers, I love it.

I wanted something bright and wild to capture the 150mps that is my nephew Alex. I think I accomplished that rather well. Its simple yet so fun.  And again, I am sure I am driving Krista crazy with my use of mixed patterns. I see no reason circles, squares, and stripes can't coexist peacefully.

There is a bit of a story behind this picture. This is my niece Abigail and this teddy bear belonged to her mother when she was a little girl. Its a beautiful reminder of the things that are a part of us when we are so little and a wonderful legacy to be documented.

1 comment:

  1. Love the layouts!!! I think its harder for me to scrap my older kids! Thanks for the inspiration!
    kacee
    mcvicwif@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete