Welcome One and All

Welcome to our Blog! This is going to be so much fun! This blog is not limited to just one type of craft. While our favorite is scrapbooking (layouts and cards), we venture into altering items, painting, decopage art, and much much more. We're always up for trying something new and for making our mark on the world. Hope you enjoy our projects and are able to draw lots of inspiration and make your own mark!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Amazing Kit......

We found this amazing kit at walmart (again) for only $5! Soooooo, we decided to challenge ourselves and each see what we could come up with.  Rules?  Had to make at least 2 layouts, 2 cards, and "something else".  This is what I came up with, Kori's pics to come soon.

This album was soooo much fun to make and probably one of my favorites I've made before.  This kit made it really easy to coordinate everything.  The only thing I added were the
swirlie dudads.









- Krista



Ok, here are my much awaited and anticipated Walmart Kit creations...
2 layouts



2 cards


...and 2 "something else"
These are 4x6 photo magnet frames. I put these in little plastic magnet frames and I'm working on covering the front of my fridge with them.


Then I decided that I had entirely too much of my kit left so I got a wild and crazy idea. You all know my love for Modge Podge, so I got to thinking, "What can I Modge Podge today?" After digging through a couple of storage tubs of "just in case" craft supplies, I came across a foam wreath. What happened next I can only call a stroke of GENIUS!



The foam is covered with torn strips of the coordinating papers. I used a gold glitter Modge Podge to jazz things up a bit. I inked the twine with some dark brown to make it look a little more grungy. The scrabble tiles are one of my favorite things to use. Thank you Krista for the idea many years ago. I absolutely love how it turned out and have decided to keep it instead of giving away as originally intended. Now just to find the perfect picture for it!

~Kori 

No comments:

Post a Comment