Welcome One and All

Welcome to our Blog! This is going to be so much fun! This blog is not limited to just one type of craft. While our favorite is scrapbooking (layouts and cards), we venture into altering items, painting, decopage art, and much much more. We're always up for trying something new and for making our mark on the world. Hope you enjoy our projects and are able to draw lots of inspiration and make your own mark!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cleaning my Scrapspace

I have been in such a scrapping rut lately that my scrapbook room has definately taken a toll.  When I buy something, it just gets tossed on top of the pile of "crafty things".  I have baskets upon baskets (as you can see in the picture) of things that need to be put away or things that don't have a home.  I used to have everything so organzied and in its right place.  On top of all this mess, I share this space in my master bedroom so I don't have a whole lot of space to spread out.  I spent Tuesday and Wednesday cleaning and organizing all my stuff.  Please feel free to click on the pictures to enlarge them.  And while I still have a long way to go, I think I'm happy with what has been conquored so far. 


 My desk drawers are soo full of things that are NOT scrap stuff.  Filled to the brim of just all kinds of junk and things in my room that don't have a home.  Its time to finally rid them of that problem...

And so the after pictures.........
Here is my desk after I cleared everything out.  I found some interesting things in there.  20 mini notepads, batteries, 2 pairs of scissors, etc etc. But the greatest discovery was some sheet music that I purchased from the Library a few years ago that is dated 1914.  I had put them in there for safe keeping and forgot all about them!  They are now on the music shelf where they belong.  My drawers now house all my important tools, some cd's for copying pictures, and much more.  All at my fingertips and NO junk to dig through.


Please pay no attention to the back wall that is in SERIOUS need of a paint job.  My landlord has been promising this since we moved in a year ago and I'm tooooo busy to do it myself right now.  I love that my shelf is finally clear enough to hold my cricut again. I went through all my baskets and put things away properly so now I can find it!  All my adhesives are in one spot, my brushes all in the flower pot where they belong, and my ink pads all lined up perfectly.

 And here are all the empty baskets I had left over.  Even the large laundry baskets were full of stuff.  These small baskets were bought to help organize and now they have finally been used for what I bought them for.  And my laundry room has gained two extra bins!!
It was a lot of work, but I'm so happy now.  Since these photos were taken I have finished clearing off the top of the desk, organized all my ribbon, cricut stuff, and put away another large basket.  While my progress might be slow, its steady and I can't wait to finally be able to scrap in my space again.

-Krista

1 comment: